Our vision is a world where children and young people feel valued and supported.
To provide long term dedicated social and emotional support to vulnerable or distressed children and young people who need it.
Our Service Improves
- Performance and behaviour at school
- Relationships with family and friends
- Attendance and engagement in learning
Last year (2016) we mentored 292 children and young people
88% were reported as improved in confidence and self-esteem
82% improved in performance and behaviour at school
84% reported improved relationships
46% reported improvements in community engagement
Our Service Is
- Children and young person centred
- Long term
Our Mentors and Counsellors Are
- Professionally recruited using Safer Recruiting techniques
- Carefully matched to the child or young person
- Fully trained to listen to children and young people
- DBS vetted
- Supported by our staff in their role
- Male and female mentors
Mentor Link welcomes enquiries from parents, schools, young people and children’s services, and our staff can discuss with you the service that we provide and how we can support your child.